In 2011 we met RV'ers Joe & Opal in FL. We've seen them several times in different states and they are from MI and spend their summers in Ishpeming. We had a great lunch with them after hitting the MI high point. Thanks for the visit!
Soo Locks, Sault Ste. Marie
In 2012 we met Jake Acton on a mountain in Washington and we've enjoyed keeping in touch and catching up in FL and AZ as well. He's from Michigan and his parents still live here so we had a great time finally meeting Jim & Laura and getting the feel of the great little town of Ludington.
Road Trip Wrap-Up:
- 14 days
- 5,102 miles driven
- 7 State High Points - Illinois, Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan (our #38-#44)
- 10 states we drove through (all of the above as well as PA, OH and IN)
- 4 National Parks - Badlands and Wind Cave (SD), Theodore Roosevelt (ND) and Voyageurs (MN)
- 1 National Memorial - Mount Rushmore in SD
- 1 Memorial - Crazy Horse in SD
- 4 Great Lakes - Lake Superior, Lake Huron, Lake Michigan and Lake Erie
- 1 pooped puppy
What an adventure! Where will we go next year?!
Til next time...Happy Trails!